Holly Golightly's Sleep Mask
Photography: Anna Liesemeyer
- Using a tape measure, measure the distance from your left temple to right temple. This will be the width of your mask.
- On your thick card-stock paper, draw a line the same length. Draw your mask shape so that it is as wide as this line. Cut out and place over your fabric.
- Draw on the fabric around the mask shape leaving a two-inch space so that your fabric will fold over the back. Cut out the fabric piece.
- Tightly pull and wrap fabric over the card-stock cutout and hot-glue the folds on the back. Do this slowly so there are no air pockets or wrinkles.
- Cut your eyelid shapes and repeat fabric and glue instructions above. The extra edge on the fabric will be glued to the top of the mask.
- Hot-glue your rhinestones where you want the eyes to be (widely placed). Hot-glue the eyelid shapes over the blue rhinestones so that the bottom of the rhinestones peek out slightly.
- Measure out your metallic velvet trim to fit the width of your eyelids. Cut slits along the edge of the trim for the eyelash effect. Hot-glue to the rims.
- Glue your gold braided trim around the edge of the mask.
- Use the gold glitter glue to make the eyebrow arches. Let dry thoroughly.
- Measure out your ribbon and cut two equal lengths long enough to tie around the back of your head. Hot-glue between trim and fabric or staple to the back along the edge.
- Thick card stock
- Tiffany-blue fabric (cotton or satin)
- Gold metallic trim (1/2-3/4 inch)
- Gold braided trim
- Gold ribbon (Anna used wire ribbon)
- Gold glitter glue
- 2 big blue rhinestones (can find in a children's craft section)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.