Creamy Swiss Chard with Coconut
Roast the chard stems and serve them alongside.
Photography: John Kernick
Martha Stewart Living, November 2013
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small dried hot red chile, such as chile de arbol, stemmed and crumbled
- 2 pounds Swiss chard (3 to 4 bunches), stems removed, torn into 2-inch pieces (about 12 packed cups)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse salt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and chile and cook until tender and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Add chard leaves, coconut milk, and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until chard is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.