No-Bake Triple Chocolate Brownies
This quick and easy recipe for rich chocolate treats comes from Faith Durand, Executive Editor of The Kitchn, from her book Bakeless Sweets. They have a pleasantly nutty flavor, with crisp bits of crushed cracker and chopped hazelnut mixed in -- and you can put them together in just a few minutes.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from 8 to 10 whole graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, hazelnuts, cocoa, and salt. Stir in the condensed milk. Place bittersweet chocolate in a medium bowl and set over a pot of barely simmering water until chocolate is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Stir chocolate into graham cracker mixture until combined. Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Cover mixture with a piece of plastic wrap and press firmly into the pan. Chill until firm enough to cut, at least 1 hour.
- Lift the parchment paper to remove brownies from pan. Cut into 16 small squares. Store brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.