Press-In Shortbread Tart Shell
Use this easy crust recipe for our Pumpkin Tart.
Yield Makes one 10-inch tart
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Stir together butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in yolks. Add flour and salt, and stir until mixture is dry and crumbly. Press dough into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, just until crust turns golden around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool in tart pan on a wire rack, 1 hour.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.