- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 ounces dried chorizo, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 pound large shrimp (31 to 35), peeled and deveined (tails left on, if desired)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Coarse salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic over medium. Cook until garlic is fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in rice and chorizo and cook until rice is translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring, until evaporated, 2 minutes. Add broth and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and peas, cover, and cook until shrimp is opaque throughout, 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Boost the flavor of your recipes with delicious, garden-quality diced tomatoes.