Crispy-Chicken and Egg Sandwich
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Everyday Food, October 2013
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, grated with zester
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 4 slices rustic bread, toasted
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on bread. With a paring knife, cut the bone out of each chicken thigh, keeping skin intact.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken and cook, skin side down, until skin is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Flip and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to medium and add eggs to skillet. Season and cook until whites are set and yolks are runny, about 3 minutes.
- Assemble sandwiches with bread, tomato, chicken, egg, and parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.