Herbed Chickpea Sandwich
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Everyday Food, October 2013
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus dill springs for topping
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices toasted rustic bread
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Mash together chickpeas, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir in feta and chopped dill; season. Divide mixture among 4 slices bread. Top with tomatoes. Drizzle with oil and top with dill sprigs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.