- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, cut in half (3 pounds)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large straight-sided, oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in couscous, apricots, and capers and cook until couscous is lightly toasted, 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, skin side up, and transfer to oven. Bake until couscous is tender and chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with cilantro.
Salt-packed capers deliver a more pure caper flavor. Just soak, drain, and rinse them before using.