- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 4 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 10-inch nonstick, oven-safe skillet, melt butter over medium. Transfer 2 tablespoons to a small bowl. Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in spinach, ricotta, eggs, feta, dill, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Lay 1 sheet phyllo on a work surface and lightly brush with reserved melted butter. Lay over spinach mixture, folding edges under to fit inside skillet. (Keep extra phyllo covered while you work.) One at a time, brush remaining 3 sheets and add to skillet, rotating and scrunching each sheet slightly so edges are offset and top is ruffled. Bake until golden brown and heated through, about 30 minutes.
Have a potato ricer? Use it to press excess liquid from the spinach.