Chickpea, Sausage, and Kale Pasta
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Everyday Food, October 2013
- 1/2 pound short pasta
- 3/4 pound Italian sausage meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 5 cups ribbed and shredded kale
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice, for drizzling
- Cook pasta, then drain. In a skillet, cook sausage meat in 1 tablespoon olive oil until opaque, breaking up with a spoon. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add chickpeas and cook 3 minutes. Add kale and wilt. Add pasta and Parmesan; season. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.