Photography: Aaron Dyer
Martha Stewart Living, October 2013
- Print templates and cut out. Trace shapes onto construction paper and cut out. Inflate balloon.
- Roll out waxed paper and tape it to work surface.
- Lay down a paper cutout on waxed-paper surface. Brush with découpage finish, flip, and brush some more. Gently lift cutout and place on balloon (creases will smooth out).
- Brush on more finish as needed. Repeat with other paper cutouts. Let dry.
- Lightweight black construction paper
- Waxed paper
- Masking tape
- Decoupage finish & paintbrush
- Balloon template
Durable decoupage finish, in Matte, $10 for 8 oz., and brush set, $15, by Martha Stewart Crafts, michaels.com
Giant round balloons, by MarthaCelebrations, in Ice White, $10 for 2, jcp.com
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.