Quinoa Salad with Zucchini, Mint, and Pistachios
Photography: Ryan Liebe
Martha Stewart Living, September 2013
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios, chopped
- Zest and juice (about 3 tablespoons) of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan and season with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer until tender and water is absorbed, about 16 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden, about 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant (do not let brown), about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper and add to quinoa.
- Stir in scallions, pistachios, lemon zest and juice, and mint. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.