Honey Nut Cereal Bar
Photography: Johnny Miller
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes plus cooling
Yield Makes 16
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- 3 cups Cheerios (toasted oat cereal)
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, honey, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and almonds. Pour into lined pan, pressing down with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes), and cut into 16 squares.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.