- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably 70 percent cacao, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant-espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Combine chocolate, butter, and vanilla in a bowl. Bring cream, sugar, espresso powder, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar and espresso powder are dissolved. Pour over chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth.
Glaze can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in refrigerator. Rewarm, stirring until smooth, in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.