- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup nuts, such as pine nuts, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, or macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 cups packed mixed tender-herb leaves, such as mint, basil, tarragon, cilantro, and parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pulse garlic, nuts, herbs, oil, and Parmesan in a food processor until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
Pesto can be made up to 2 days ahead and stored in refrigerator.