German Potato Salad
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2013
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 6
- 8 ounces bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pounds (8 to 10) medium red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- Cook chopped bacon, reserving fat.
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to a boil in salted water over high. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool completely. Cut potatoes into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon and fat, red onion, vinegar, and dill. Add potatoes and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. To store, cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.