Sauteed Tomato and Herb Pasta
We prefer cherry tomatoes to grape for sauteing; they break down better, creating a light yet luscious sauce.
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2013
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 6
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine oil, tomatoes, garlic, and thyme over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft and skins have burst, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss to combine and season. Serve warm. Top with Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.