Grilled Tomato and Corn Pasta
For delicious smoky flavor, give tomatoes and corn a quick turn on the grill.
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2013
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 6
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 pound gemelli pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes, halved
- 3 ears corn
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, then drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan to high; clean and lightly oil. Toss tomatoes and corn with 2 tablespoons oil and season. Grill, turning occasionally, until charred in spots and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Chop tomatoes, cut kernels from cobs, and add to pasta. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil and season. Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with ricotta and basil.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.