Blueberry Buttermilk Sherbet
Photography: Naho Kubota
Martha Stewart Living, July 2013
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 40 minutes
Yield Makes about 1 1/2 pints
- 1 1/2 pints fresh blueberries (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Puree blueberries and sugar in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine sieve set over a bowl; discard solids. Stir in buttermilk, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Chill a loaf pan in freezer at least 10 minutes. Freeze and churn blueberry mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions, then transfer to pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hardened, at least 2 hours; sherbet can be frozen up to 2 weeks ahead.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.