Tarragon Shrimp Scampi
Photography: DAVID M. RUSSELL
Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 onions, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small bunch fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 24 to 32 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and saute garlic and onions over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Add tarragon, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute; do not let the mixture brown. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp with the onion mixture and lemon juice, stirring until well coated. Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler. Arrange the marinated shrimp in a skillet. Cover the shrimp with any remaining marinade.
- Broil under high heat until the shrimp are pink and the topping is well browned, approximately 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.