Shrimp Boil Spice Bundle
- 1 tablespoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 4 to 5 dried bay leaves
- 6 whole allspice
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- Lay a 10-inch (double-layer) square of cheesecloth on a clean work surface. Spoon spices into the center.
- Pressing firmly, roll a rolling pin over spice mixture until most of the seeds are cracked. Gather edges of cheesecloth together in the center, twist tightly, and tie securely with kitchen string. Trim ends with scissors, if necessary.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.