Photography: DAVID M. RUSSELL
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 long seedless cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Soak the bulgur in hot water for 10 minutes to plump the grains.
- Drain well and add the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.