Shallots, Shrimp, and Oranges with Apricot Glaze
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2013
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
- 2 oranges, cut into wedges
- 8 shallots, halved lengthwise
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Stir together jam, vinegar, Dijon, and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Thread some skewers with shrimp, others with oranges, and others with shallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp and orange skewers for 3 to 6 minutes and shallot skewers for 6 to 9 minutes, turning all skewers frequently and brushing generously with glaze.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.