Zucchini, Lamb, and Summer Squash with Buttermilk Dill Marinade
Photography: Andrew Purcell
Everyday Food, July/August July/August 2013
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes + marinating
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with a press
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds top round leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Oil for grill
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large summer squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Combine buttermilk, garlic, dill, and 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade. Reserve and refrigerate about 1/4 cup of marinade. Transfer remaining marinade to a zip-top bag and add lamb and toss to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours (or up to overnight).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Thread some skewers with lamb, others with zucchini, and others with summer squash. Season with salt and pepper. Grill lamb skewers for 9 to 12 minutes and zucchini and squash skewers for 12 to 15 minutes, turning all skewers frequently and brushing with reserved marinade.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.