Under 30 Minutes
Honeyed Fig and Melon with Blue Cheese and Almonds
Slices of salty, pungent blue cheese are naturally suited for sweet figs, cantaloupe, and generous drizzles of honey. Serve a platter as an easy cheese course at the end of a meal.
- 6 to 8 slices (1/4 inch thick) blue cheese
- 1 pint fresh Black Mission or Brown Turkey figs, halved
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Best-quality honey, for drizzling
Arrange cheese slices on a serving platter, and top with figs and melon wedges. Sprinkle with almonds, and drizzle with honey.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2011