Martha Stewart Digital Magazine Apps for iPad Support See all Digital issues and Mobile Apps
Here's where you'll find answers to common questions about Martha Stewart Magazines for iPad. To learn more about iPad functionality or for device support, click here.
For instructions on how to download the update, please visit Apple support.
1. Which Martha Stewart magazines are available digitally?
All Martha Stewart Magazines (Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Everyday Food) are available as digital editions on the iPad. Additionally, we do offer Nook versions for Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Everyday Food that you buy directly from Barnes & Noble by visiting bn.com. Digital editions for the Kindle Fire are available for Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Everyday Food through Amazon.com.
2. How do I access the digital editions of Martha Stewart Living, Everyday Food, and Martha Stewart Weddings?
You can download the app from the App Store.
3. Can I get digital subscriptions for multiple magazines?
Yes. You can subscribe directly from our website at marthastewart.com/customer-service, or click on the subscribe tab in the upper-right-hand corner on MarthaStewart.com. Click on "iPad-only subscription" and follow the instructions.
4. I'm already a print subscriber and have the iPad app. How do I get access to the digital edition for iPad?
1) Tap on "Get Access Now" button in the Library on your iPad app
2) Follow instructions in the form
3) Create a Password
4) Confirmation Page
5) Tap "Done" on the top left corner of the Confirmation page.
Martha Stewart Living App Version 4.0 or greater.
1) Tap on the "Account" icon on the bottom of the screen on your iPad app then tap the "I am a Print Subscriber" option on the Account screen.
2) Follow Instructions on the Form
3) Create a Password
4) You will be automatically logged into your account and can download your digital issues.
5. I want to use my print account number to activate my digital edition subscription for free for the remainder of my current print subscription on my iPad. How do I find the account number?
Your account number has 10 digits and appears on your magazine label.
6. Once I have the iPad app, how do I get my first issue?
Single Issue Purchase
Digital Subscription only
7. How do I sign into the iPad app once I have created a username and password?
Go to the Library in the app and tap "Sign In"
A sign-in page will appear
8. I downloaded the app before September 1, 2011. How do I subscribe, or register my existing print subscription?
Please accept the app update and follow the prompts. You will not be able to subscribe via the old version of the app.
9. Why don't I see an option to subscribe through iTunes in my library app?
The iTunes subscription tile will not display if you’re already a subscriber. If you are a Martha Stewart Living or Martha Stewart Weddings print subscriber and have been logged out, tap the Sign In button on the upper left hand corner of your Library and enter your username and password. If you are a Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, or Everyday Food iTunes subscriber and have been logged out, tap the wheel icon at the upper right hand corner of your Library and tap Restore All Purchases.
10. How much does the Martha Stewart Living digital edition for iPad cost?
You can download the app for free. Single issues are $3.99. A subscription is $19.99 per year (10 issues). Subscriptions do not include special issues, which may carry a higher price than single issues.
11. How much does the Everyday Food digital edition for iPad cost?
All current and previous issues of Everyday Food are free!
12. How much does the Martha Stewart Weddings digital edition for iPad cost?
You can download the app for free. Single issues are $4.99. A subscription is $9.99 per year (4 issues). Subscriptions do not include special issues, which may carry a higher price than single issues.
13. Can I activate my print subscription to read on my Nook or Kindle?
Sorry, at this time Nook and Kindle access is not included as part of your subscription. We do offer Nook versions for Martha Stewart Living, Everyday Food, and Martha Stewart Weddings that you buy directly from Barnes & Noble, and digital editions for Kindle Fire for all titles that are available through Amazon.com.
14. Will the app run on my iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry smartphone?
The magazine iPad apps are designed for a larger screen. However, we do have other apps that will function on a smartphone. Visit marthastewart.com/apps to see the full selection.
15. I already have a password for marthastewart.com. Can I use that to sign into the app?
No. Print subscribers will need to create a new password specifically for the app to see their issues.
16. Are back issues included in my subscription?
No, you will only have access to the issues in your current term.
17. If I choose a digital edition subscription, will I get all the same content as in the print subscription?
Yes, plus you'll get great interactive features such as video, audio, and expandable features.
18. Why won't my issue download?
We recommend using a stable Wi-Fi connection whenever you download an issue. Timing out for any reason might require you to start the download over again. If you started a download and it fails for some reason or you cancel it, you can restart the download by tapping the Library icon on the navigation bar and then tapping the download button on the issue you want.
19. Do the digital editions expire?
No. Once you purchase the issue, it's yours to keep. All issues will remain in your Martha Stewart Living app library. If you've recently updated the app, be sure to tap the "gear" icon in the upper right corner to restore your previously purchased issues. Print subscribers should make sure they are signed in using the "Sign In" button on the upper left.
20. Where will I find my most recent downloaded issue?
Once you download the most current issue available, you can view the issue under the Library tab in the navigation bar at the bottom of your screen.