- 1. Is there a fee associated with being a member of MarthaStewart.com?
- 2. What are the benefits of becoming a registered member?
- 3. How do I become a member of MarthaStewart.com?
- 4. Can I change my member name?
- 5. I am already registered as a member; how do I sign in?
- 6. The home page welcomes me by name. Does that mean I'm signed in, or do I have to sign in each time I visit the site?
- 7. How do I sign out of the site?
- 8. Where can I find the discussion boards, and how do I use them?
- 9. How do I end my membership?
1. Is there a fee associated with being a member of MarthaStewart.com?
No. Membership is free.
2. What are the benefits of becoming a member?
Members receive site newsletters and access to our discussion boards, and can participate in workshops and contests.
3. How do I become a member of MarthaStewart.com?
To become a member, please register here.
Enter your information in the specified boxes.
If you agree with the Terms and Conditions, click on "I Accept."
Please note: The member name you choose must be unique. If the member name already exists, it means that you may be registered under an old email address, or someone else may be using the same member name. You can either keep entering new names until you find one that has not been taken by another registered user, or you can leave the field blank.
You do not need to have a member name in order to use the site. If you wish to use the message boards, make sure to select a member name you feel comfortable displaying publicly. A member name is not a password, nor is it an email address. A member name is the way in which you identify yourself -- but still retain your privacy -- on the Internet.
4. Can I change my member name?
For your security, we cannot allow you to change your member name once you are registered. If you would like to acquire a new one, you will have to sign up for a new account using a different email address.
5. I am already registered as a member; how do I sign in?
Click on "Sign In" at the top of the page.
Make sure that you are using the email address and password you provided when you originally signed up for membership. If you have changed Internet service providers and have not updated your account information with us, you will be recognized only by the email address you used originally.
Once you successfully sign in, you may update your account information. To review or update your account information, click "My Account."
A new page will load. You may update your email address and other profile information, and make newsletter selections. Once you have updated your information, make sure to click on the orange "submit" button at the bottom of the page.
6. The home page welcomes me by name. Does that mean I'm signed in, or do I have to sign in each time I visit the site?
This means you are already signed in to the site and will be able to update your profile and post to our message boards. If you do not see your name, you must sign in.
7. How do I sign out of the site?
Click the "Sign Out" link at the top of the page and you will be signed out.
8. Where can I find the discussion boards, and how do I use them?
The discussion boards are located in the Community tab. They are intended to be a safe, friendly, and informative place for members to share ideas. In this environment, users can exchange ideas and pose questions to the group. Our staff members, special guests, and experts will also be contributing to the discussion boards.
The forums are listed by topic. Click on the forum category in which you wish to participate. You must be a signed-in member to use the discussion boards. Once you've selected a message board topic, you may add a new discussion or search for messages about a certain subject using the "Search" box or "Popular Tags" found on every forum page.
9. How do I end my membership?
To stop receiving email newsletters from MarthaStewart.com (and our partners), scroll to the bottom of any email you have received from us. Beneath the company logo, it says: "If you would prefer not to receive further emails, please click here." If you choose to follow the link, you will be given the option to unsubscribe from the email or from all Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia communications.
Please allow three weeks to stop receiving emails from us.