Martha's Everyday Food Smartphone App Support Back to App Page
For instructions on how to download or update the app for iPhone, please visit Apple support.
For instructions on how to download or update the app for Windows phone, please visit Microsoft support.
1. How do I browse recipes with Recipe Finder?
For Windows Phone:
2. How do I save a recipe to my Favorites list?
For iPhone, touch the "Add to Favorites" button at the bottom of the screen while viewing a recipe you'd like to save to your Favorites.
For Windows Phone, touch the pin icon at the bottom of the screen while viewing a recipe you'd like to save to your Favorites.
3. How do I view my saved recipes?
4. How do I share a recipe?
You can share a recipe on Facebook, Twitter, or by email.
5. Can I create shopping lists or access my saved recipes from MarthaStewart.com with my Windows Phone app?
No, the Windows Phone app does not support shopping lists or provide access to saved recipes from MarthaStewart.com at this time.
6. How can I view the recipes and shopping lists I save on my iPhone online?
We've partnered with ZipList to bring you easy ways to organize your recipes and shopping lists on your phone and online at ZipList.com. To create your free ZipList account, follow these simple instructions. Already have a ZipList account? Log in directly from your iPhone. Creating and logging into your ZipList account lets you take full advantage of the iPhone app's many features and adds many Web-based features as well:
7. How can I add a recipe from MarthaStewart.com to my iPhone?
When you find a recipe on MarthaStewart.com you'd like to save to your iPhone:
The recipe (and shopping list, if chosen) will be synced to your phone automatically.
8. How can I get recipes I saved on MarthaStewart.com on my iPhone?
To add all of your previously saved recipes from your account at once:
All of your recipes are now available at ZipList.com as well as on your iPhone.
Note: You can add your MarthaStewart.com recipes to ZipList.com and your iPhone this way as often as you like. Doing so will not create duplicate recipes at ZipList.com or on your iPhone.
9. Can I access recipes I saved on the iPhone on MarthaStewart.com on my iPhone?
Recipes saved on the iPhone are not currently available on MarthaStewart.com. However, you can access all of your saved recipes on ZipList.com. See "How can I view the recipes and shopping lists I save on my iPhone online?" for details.
10. How do I create a ZipList account on my iPhone?
Creating a ZipList account lets you take full advantage of the iPhone app's many features, and adds many Web-based features as well. To create your free ZipList account:
All of your recipes and shopping lists will now be available on ZipList.com, and you can add any MarthaStewart.com recipe to your iPhone.
11. How do I log into my ZipList account from my iPhone?
Logging into your ZipList account from your phone lets you take full advantage of the iPhone app's many features, and adds many Web-based features as well. To log into ZipList:
Note: You only need to log into your ZipList account once -- your recipes and lists will continue to sync unless you choose to log out of
12. How do I log out of my ZipList account on my iPhone?
It is not normally necessary to log out of your ZipList account from your phone. If you choose to do so, your ZipList shopping lists, though
13. How do I add a recipe to my Everyday Food Shopping List on my iPhone?
The app uses several types of shopping lists for different purposes:
The Everyday Food shopping list includes two components:
If you are logged into your ZipList account, you will see all of your ZipList shopping lists as well. (Note: Recipes cannot be added directly
To add a recipe to your Everyday Food Shopping List while viewing a recipe:
You will be returned to the recipe screen, where the button will now read "Remove from Shopping List" to indicate that the recipe has been added to the Everyday Food shopping list.
14. How do I know which list I'm adding recipe ingredients to on my iPhone?
Recipe ingredients are added to the Everyday Food Shopping List, and are available in the Combined Ingredients list as well as the
15. How do I remove a recipe from the Everyday Food Shopping List on my iPhone?
From the recipe screen:
The button will now read "Add to Shopping List" to indicate that the recipe has been removed.
From the Shopping Lists screen:
16. How do I add individual ingredients from a shopping list on my iPhone?
Note: You can only add individual ingredients to your ZipList shopping lists, including your Combined Ingredients list. You cannot add ingredients to a recipe shopping list. To add an ingredient to a shopping list, from the Shopping Lists screen:
The added ingredient will be placed in the proper category, such as "Produce" or "Meat."
17. How do I remove individual ingredients from a shopping list on my iPhone?
On the Shopping Lists screen:
Note: If you remove an ingredient from the Combined Ingredients list, it will also remove it from the original recipe shopping list. (This does not affect the actual recipe.)
18. Can I add or delete a shopping list on my iPhone?
Currently, it is not possible to add or delete the Combined Shopping List or the Other ZipList Shopping Lists through the app, however, you can perform the following functions:
You can create or delete shopping list on ZipList.com, and these changes will be synced to your iPhone.
You can add or remove individual ingredients (or all ingredients) from any shopping list.
Notes: The Everyday Food Shopping List cannot be deleted from the app.
19. How do I share a shopping list with someone on my iPhone?
You can share a shopping list with anyone you like via SMS text or email. From the Shopping Lists screen: