In the Victorian era, pansies were adored for their exquisitely marked faces and their symbolism: The word "pansy" comes from the French word for thought, "pensee," so if you received a posy of pansies, you could be sure someone was thinking of you.
- Pansy Mother's Day card template
- Card stock or heavy paper in three colors
- Straight edge or bone folder
- Utility knife
- 1/16-inch hole punch
- Large, heart-shaped craft punch (optional)
- Craft needle threaded with a 20-inch length of embroidery ribbon