These luminous fabric-covered ornaments are made without sewing a stitch, so they are the perfect project for kids old enough to work with pins. We covered the balls with satin, taffeta, and velvet and finished them with metallic-silver ribbons and twine.
- Fabric balls template
- 2- and 3-inch Styrofoam balls
- Ribbons, rickrack, and/or cord
- Straight pins and pearl-head pins
- Pearl beads, tassel balls and tassels
- Craft glue
- Sewing shears (for cutting fabric) and embroidery scissors (for cutting trimmings)