Aaron Caramanis (pictured), an in-house crafter for "The Martha Stewart Show," created this homemade spider costume, an easy Halloween idea for a child or adult. For a brighter alternative, try our octopus costume variation.
- Spider costume pattern
- Fabric pencil or chalk
- 2 1/2 yards black velveteen fabric*Yardage given is for a child's costume. More fabric may be required for adult costume; measure enlarged pattern and lengthened tentacles before purchasing fabric.
- 2 packages white iron-on patches
- 2 packages black or red iron-on patches
- White felt
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- Polyester stuffing
- 2 yards black double-fold extra-wide bias tape ribbon
- Needle and thread for basting