Grilled Pepper Bruschetta
- 2 orange bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices crusty bread, toasted
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
Heat grill to medium-high. Place peppers skin side up on grill, cover, and cook until beginning to soften, 5 minutes. Turn peppers over and cook until charred, about 4 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool.
Cut peppers into thin strips. In a medium bowl, combine peppers, tomatoes, capers, vinegar, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Top bread with pepper mixture and Parmesan.