Caesar Dip with Fennel and Carrots
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2013
- 4 small cloves garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets, packed in olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or safflower oil
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- Sliced fennel and carrots, for serving
Coarsely chop garlic and anchovies, then sprinkle with salt. Drag the blade of a large knife at an angle across mixture until a paste forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in mustard and egg yolks.
Slowly whisk in olive oil until mixture is thickened and emulsified. Whisk in lemon juice, then grapeseed oil. Stir in cheese and serve with fennel and carrots. Dip can be stored in refrigerator up to 2 days.