Under 30 Minutes
Danish Strawberries with Elderflower Cream
If you don't have access to an elderflower bush in bloom, all is not lost: Simply beat the cream with one cup St-Germain (elderflower) liqueur, the lemon, and 1/4 cup (instead of 1/2 cup) confectioner's sugar.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 15 freshly picked whole elderflower "crowns"
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 5 quarts strawberries, hulls left on
- Toasted-Almond Macarons with White Chocolate, for serving
Bring cream just to a boil in a saucepan; remove from heat. Add flowers, stirring just to combine. Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Pour cream through a very fine sieve into a bowl. Beat with zest and sugar just until soft peaks form. Serve with strawberries and macarons.