Grilled Herbed Shrimp
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 20 shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile (from 1/2 jalapeno)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from about 3 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, in shells (about 20)
Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag. Snip through each shrimp shell down the back, leaving last segment and tail intact, and devein with a paring knife, leaving shell intact. Add shrimp to bag and massage with marinade. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to overnight.
Soak 10 short wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat grill for indirect heat, with coals to 1 side (or medium heat on a gas grill). Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer and place on indirect side of grill. Cook, turning once, until shrimp are curled, slightly charred, and cooked through, about 5 minutes.