Asparagus, Spinach, and Crisped-Prosciutto Salad
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch (about 6 ounces) asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup shelled fresh peas
- 4 baby creamer potatoes (about 5 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 cups packed baby spinach (about 2 1/2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange prosciutto in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with oil. Bake until crisp and deep golden, about 9 minutes. Let cool on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking; drain, then cut into 2-inch pieces on the bias. Add peas to water and cook until just tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to ice water to stop the cooking; drain. Add potatoes to water and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallot, and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine asparagus, peas, potatoes, tarragon, and spinach in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates and top with crisped prosciutto. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing and serve with remaining dressing on the side.