Under 30 Minutes
Tomato, Baby-Lettuce, and Olive-Bread Salad
- 3 slices (about 3 ounces) olive or other rustic bread, toasted
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 head (about 2 ounces) baby tender lettuce, such as red oak leaf or Boston, leaves separated and torn if large
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
Brush toasted bread with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Break into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and add tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, and olives; season with salt and pepper.
Combine herbs, garlic, vinegar, water, and remaining 4 tablespoons oil in a food processor and pulse until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle salad with 1/4 cup dressing and toss. Serve with remaining dressing on the side.