- Servings: 4
Photography: DAVID M. RUSSELL
Source: Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- 1 cup bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 long seedless cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Soak the bulgur in hot water for 10 minutes to plump the grains.
Drain well and add the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, mint, lemon juice, and oil. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.