Spiced Potato Salad
An Indian simmer sauce adds big flavor to dishes like this potato salad.
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes (1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter)
- Coarse salt
- 3/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/2 cup Indian simmer sauce, such as Maya Kaimal
- 1/4 cup whole-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with at least 2 inches of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat and season generously with salt. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 12 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a cutting board or plate; let cool. Add peas to simmering water and cook 1 minute. Drain and transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
Whisk together simmer sauce and yogurt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Halve potatoes and add to yogurt mixture along with peas, stirring to combine. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Stir in herbs before serving.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2013