Roasted Red-Pepper Salad with Anchovy White Beans
We love our greens, but in this salad they are more of an accent to the tender white beans and sweet, meaty roasted red peppers.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
- 4 small red bell peppers
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in olive oil, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 can (15 ounces) small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup packed spicy baby greens, such as watercress or arugula
Char bell peppers over the flames of a gas burner, turning with tongs until blackened and blistered, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, broil them 2 or 3 inches from heat source.) Transfer peppers to a bowl, cover with a plate, and let stand until cool. Scrape off skins with a paring knife and wipe flesh clean with a paper towel. Keeping stems intact, cut peppers in half lengthwise, then remove and discard seeds. Arrange on a platter and season with salt and pepper.
Whisk together anchovies, garlic, vinegar, oil, and parsley in a medium bowl. Add beans and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over peppers and top with Parmesan and greens.