Pork Chops Puttanesca
- Servings: 4
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1-inch thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over high. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and cook until deep brown on one side, 5 minutes. Flip and cook, 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate and reduce heat to medium-high.
Add garlic to pan and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, anchovies, and pork chops. Transfer pan to the oven and cook until sauce is reduced and pork chops are cooked through, 5 minutes.