- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 8
Photography: Anson Smart
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, thinly sliced crosswise
- 15 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- semisweet chocolate, finely grated, for garnish
In a food processor, puree ricotta, cottage cheese, Neufchatel, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
Line eight small bowls or ramekins with banana slices. In each, spoon 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture and top with 1 tablespoon cookie crumbs. Repeat. Top each with remaining ricotta mixture. Divide remaining cookie crumbs among bowls and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until cookie crumbs soften, 3 hours (or overnight).