Store-bought green salsa makes a bright flavor base for this stew.
- 3 pounds pork shoulder, excess fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges, for serving
Buying low-sodium chicken broth lets you control the seasoning in your dish.
Season pork with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or other heavy-bottomed pot, add pork, onion, salsa, and broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pork pulls apart easily, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Skim fat off top. Season with salt and pepper. Top with cilantro and limes to serve.