Under 30 Minutes
Steamed Clams with Tomatoes
Brush slices of rustic bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, toast in oven while clams are cooking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or 2 teaspoons fresh
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 4 pounds clams, scrubbed and rinsed
In a large pot heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic, hot pepper flakes, and oregano and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes, increase heat to high, and cook until tomatoes burst, about 4 minutes. Add clams and 3/4 cup water, cover, and cook until clams open, stirring once, 8 to 10 minutes. Discard any unopened clams. Drizzle with oil to serve.