Spicy Shrimp Marinara
This is great with crusty bread, or you can serve it over pasta or polenta. For an extra kick, season shrimp with a pinch of cayenne.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, March 2013
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 1/4 teaspoons red-pepper flakes
- 1 recipe Three-Ingredient Marinara
Season shrimp with salt. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. In 2 batches, cook shrimp until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes to pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add marinara and bring to a simmer. Return shrimp to pan and simmer until cooked through, about 1 minute.
Shrimp is often frozen when caught, so buying it this way is as good as fresh.