Deep-Dish Spinach and Leek Pizza
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, March 2013
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced, well washed leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach
- Red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with olive oil. Stretch dough to an 8-inch round, then press into bottom and up sides of plate. If dough springs back, let rest 5 minutes before continuing.
Combine leeks, spinach, and a pinch each of red-pepper flakes and salt.
Spread dough with pesto, top with leek mixture, and dot with goat cheese.
Drizzle pizza with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crust is crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.