Deep-Dish Broccoli and Cheddar Pizza
A pinch of red pepper flakes, a thin layer of soppressata, and handfuls of broccoli and cheddar become something magical when paired with a deep-dish crust.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, May 2013
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 1/4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ounce thinly sliced soppressata
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with olive oil. Stretch dough to an 8-inch round, then press into bottom and up sides of plate. If dough springs back, let rest 5 minutes before continuing.
Combine broccoli, soppressata, and red-pepper flakes.
Top dough with 1/4 cup grated cheddar, broccoli mixture, then 1/4 cup grated cheddar and Parmesan.
Drizzle pizza with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crust is crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.