Poached Salmon and Snap Peas
Poaching salmon with lemon zest lends the fish a brightness that is only further highlighted by the crisp snow peas.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, March 2013
- 6 cups water
- 3 strips lemon zest
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound trimmed snap peas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch trimmed watercress
- Olive oil
Bring water and lemon zest to a simmer in a large skillet. Season salmon fillets and add to pan with snap peas. Cover and cook 5 minutes, until salmon is opaque throughout; transfer to a platter. Drain and toss peas with butter, mint, and watercress. Drizzle with olive oil and season.