Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food, March 2013
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 4 ounces ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Three-Ingredient Marinara
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella (2 ounces)
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with olive oil. Stretch dough to an 8-inch round, then press into bottom and up sides of plate. If dough springs back, let rest 5 minutes before continuing.
Combine beef, breadcrumbs, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Spread marinara over bottom of dough, then top with half of each cheese. Crumble meat mixture over dough. Top with remaining cheese.
Drizzle pizza with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crust is crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.