Under 30 Minutes
Sauteed Chicken in Mustard and Herb Sauce
The mustard in this sauce not only adds great flavor, it helps thicken the sauce giving great texture.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each), pounded to 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallots, minced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons parsely, finely chopped
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken and cook until cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side (work in batches if necessary). Transfer chicken to a plate and keep warm.
Reduce heat to medium. Add shallot and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add wine and broth and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Whisk in mustard and cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with salad of parsley, sliced shallots, and lemon zest.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2013